Friday, April 8, 2011

After a good meal

I've developed a real taste for bitters. Mix em' with some gin and ice and you've got yourself a cocktail. Or drink em' down straight and feel those herbal powers working their magic. Admittedly, I drink bitters for their anise-y and earthy taste rather than for their medicinal properties.

There is an old world appeal to drinking these, although that could be entirely influenced by the enticing packaging (I know packaging is bad and wasteful, but I have been trained to adore it). Look how cute these mini bottles are! And each come individually wrapped, for their protection and my pleeeeasure.

Underberg is a lighter most drinkable bitter. Not a heavy opaque sludge like Lativan Black Balsams, and not quite as harsh tasting as Alpenbitter. Full of herbal-y, root-y complexity and a beautiful amber colour to boot, I am wondering what other ways I can mix some bitters into my life!





No comments:

Post a Comment